Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy 18th months little man!


I am just in awe because today is my little doodle's 18 month b-day. O.k. so I normally don't celebrate half birthdays, but I wanted to recognize it...18 months came SO fast! I mean, I thought the first year flew and the second is going just as fast. I am loving watching my boy grow up and seeing him learn new things every day, watching things through his eyes, it's all amazing...but at the same time, I miss my baby. I am so thankful and blessed to have this time with him right now...to be able to stay home with him. There are so many days when I just miss the workplace, the adult interaction of it all, and just keeping my brain busy. I really have always enjoyed working, but when it comes down to it, I can't ever get this time back and I consider myself very blessed to have this opportunity. I figured since it is Connor's 18 month bday I would list 18 things that about my little man/things I love about him. I am also posting some shots that I took for his 18 month photoshoot.

  1. I love his laugh, I could listen to it all day long. There is nothing better.
  2. When he wakes up in the morning, he is happy. He just sits and talks to himself...you can't be in a bad mood in the morning with a sweet, happy boy like that.
  3. When he gives me "huggies" as we call them and kisses, I feel like the luckiest mommy ever.
  4. His favorite thing is being outside and once we are out, it's so hard to get him back inside. Needless to say, I'm thrilled the weather is getting nice!
  5. The boy, at 18 months, has more rhythm than my husband. (Jake even admits this)
  6. He loves his papa...when my dad walks into a room all bets are off...no one else exists. This warms my heart.
  7. He is also a grandma's boy...which thrills me to no end. I could not be more happy that he has a great relationship with them...grandparents are so important. He is blessed to have them in his life...as are Jake and I.
  8. He's not really into T.V., but if Jack's Big Music Show comes on, he will stop whatever he is doing, jam out to the theme song and watch the whole show in awe.
  9. He is 110% ALL BOY!
  10. I call him my "handsome doodle, studly tootle" amongst a million other crazy names.
  11. He is our little comedian and enjoys making people laugh
  12. We are currently working on potty training...in the very, VERY early stages. He went once and since he has shown interest we will keep trying!
  13. He has a huge problem with sharing. He even thought that the inflatables at Bouncertown were all his! lol!
  14. He thinks that if he signs "please" it will get him pretty much whatever he wants...and gets mad when it doesn't.
  15. His favorite food is broccolli.
  16. When he runs, he laughs and giggles and gets so excited that he just falls over and over again. It's the funniest thing...I love watching him run and explore outside. He gets soooo excited.
  17. I don't think he looks like Jake at all, but some of the faces he makes are Jake to a T!
  18. He doesn't know it yet, but he has a way of making this mommy's heart swell with pride every single day. I look at my son daily and know that he was a gift from God. I thank God every single day for that wonderful and perfect gift. I feel blessed that I was given the opportunity to be his mommy. :)








1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

How sweet!!! Love the hat on the little man!