Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Family Friday, Butterscotch Pie, and A Humble Heart

I feel like I haven't posted in forever...I hope everyone had a great weekend! I do have to say that we had a fantastic weekend! The weather was beautiful and we certainly took full advantage of it. On Friday nights, we have a tradition of "Family Friday's" We kind of started this when Jake and I moved here and Friday nights we would get together with my parents and order pizza and just hang out. We continued this after Connor was born but we don't always see my parents. This Friday night, Jake, Connor, and I went out to eat and then we did go to my parents house for a bit. We had a nice visit with them and they were happy to see Connor. When we got home, Jake and I put Connor to bed and played Mario Kart (our newest fave Wii game!) I love that I have so much fun with my husband! He truly is my best friend and we have so much fun together.
On Saturday we decided to take a drive down to Brown County. Jake and I enjoy Nashville, but we are good if go like twice a year and that's it. The crowds can be a bit much...at least for me. Saturday wasn't too bad and the fact that we just wanted to be outside helped. We stopped in Morgantown at this AMAZING little cafe called Cathy's Cafe. The food is to die for. It is just a little home town place and the butterscotch pie is the best I have ever had! I love finding little gems like that! We enjoyed a great day out and about and had an even better Saturday night because some friends of ours invited us over for a wonderful dinner! We had a great time visiting with them and Connor had a lot of fun playing with their girls!
Sunday was church and once again, our minister hit one out of the ballpark with his sermon. I feel like these last three weeks have been sermons that I REALLY need to hear. They have each touched me and made me think a LOT. I mean, all of his sermons make me think, but lately they have just been great. I have been humbled lately...a lot. Whether it be, by a sermon, or by reading a random blog about a trial someone else is facing and seeing how their faith is their stronghold and how I want to be more like that. I think it's a good thing. I need to be humbled....it helps me remember that God is in charge, not me...that I must put my trust into him, ALL my trust, if I want things to go right. We need to rely on something bigger than ourselves...the Lord. I feel like these past few weeks, I have been reminded that around every corner, and that's not a bad thing.

2 Chronicles 12:6. "The leaders of Israel and the king humbled themselves and said, 'The LORD is just.'"


Here are some pictures from the weekend!






2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Brown County? Are you Indiana? We have a Nashville, Indiana that I love to go up in the Fall to visit!!!

shortlady said...

Did you know Cathy's Cafe is Traci's mom and dad's place? I have never been but would love to go! Miss you bunches! Love ya!