Friday, October 31, 2008

Carving the pumpkin

So if you are noticing the date on these posts, I am playing catch up. While catching up on my shows on the DVR, I am also catching up with my blog. Last week, after we took Connor to Stonycreek to get his pumpkin, we went ahead and carved it the next night. Connor, of course, wanted to be in the middle of things and "help" as much as possible...even if helping meant sticking his hands in the bowl of the seeds and guts of the pumpkin. He was more thrilled to be able to stand on the table than anything! We wanted to get a shot of Connor and the finished product but someone by the name of daddy didn't get done carving his "masterpiece" until about midnight, so Connor was fast asleep! While the boys were messing with the pumpkin, I cooked up the seeds so Jake and I had a nice snack when the pumpkin was all done. I just love this time of year!




No comments: