Thursday, October 30, 2008

ZOO BOO (and a little reminiscing)

So, once again I have fallen behind on my blog updates. No excuses this time....SO anyway, My parents, Jake and I took our little dragon to the zoo for the annual zoo boo. This was the first year we have gone and we had a lot of fun. Connor especially loved the carousel that went backwards. His face just lit up immediately. We had a fun night, it was beautiful outside and Connor had a ball.
It was kind of a weird night for me b/c the Zoo Boo was the same night as my 10 year high school reunion back in Illinois. As I got dressed and ready for the zoo, all I could think about was, here I am 10 years later, putting on a pumpkin shirt, getting my one year old in his costume and yelling at my husband to please put diapers in Connor's diaper bag....it seemed surreal. It seems like just yesterday that I graduated high school and I can honestly say that at 18 I never saw myself being a stay at home mommy and wife at 28. I was so headstrong and determined.....well, more like I was 18 and I knew it all. :) As I watched Connor that night dance around to the music at the zoo and then look up at me with those gorgeous eyes of his, I thought to myself there was nowhere I would rather be than surrounded by my family. No matter what I thought 10 years ago, or how my life came to be where it is today, I couldn't be more happier than I am now. I have been blessed with an amazing family and I just know that God had to be laughing a bit to himself when I was younger and I was just sure of what I was going to do because as we know now, he had different plans for me, he knew all along where I would be today.....and I thank him daily for those other plans. I wouldn't have it any other way!




No comments: