Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a fantastic Christmas! On Christmas eve, Jake, my dad and I, took Connor to the Children's Museum downtown to play for the morning. We stopped and had breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts first and then headed there. It was a lot of fun. When we got home, I did a lot of cooking and got everything ready for Christmas eve dinner because Jake and I were having my mom and dad over to our place after church. We went to Christmas eve service at church and came home, ate way too much and played the wii. Connor got to open one gift and he got his little grow and go giraffe which he really likes! Christmas morning Connor went running to the presents when he woke up, it was precious. He loved opening the gifts, although it took him FOREVER! He likes to rip a little bit off of one and then move to the next, it was pretty funny. We enjoyed a lazy morning around here and then headed to my parent's house for dinner. We had a wonderful meal over there and just a lazy, relaxing day....exactly what I wanted.
Amongst all the material things that unfortunately seem to overshadow the real meaning of CHRISTmas so much in today's society, we were also celebrating a birthday. May we always remember that Christmas is not about "things". I feel so blessed beyond belief to have a healthy family that surrounds me with love and wonderful friends who are beside me when I need them. Most importantly, I know a God whom even though I fall short of his love daily, he forgives me and blesses me beyond measure. Hope everyone had a VERY Merry Christmas! (Warning-This post is picture heavy!)














No comments: