Thursday, July 23, 2009

You Capture: Black&White

I have been a follower of http://www.ishouldbefoldinglaundry.com/ for some time now and I have never participated in a "You Capture" and I have NO idea why! I love to take pictures, it's pretty much all I do, and I love any excuse to take more! I am blaming it on the fact that my computer was gone for so long. :) Anyway, I have decided to slack no longer. This week's theme is black and white...perfect. I am a huge fan of black and white photos, so I thought it would be a great place to start!

Since there was no limit to how many we could use, I picked my most recent three favorites! The first two are of one of a friend of the family's little girls. We celebrated 4th of July with them, and I just love photographing her, she doesn't take a bad picture. (Her sister doesn't either, for that matter) In the top one, she was relaxing drinking her "sprout" (sprite) before we started the fireworks, and in the second one she was off on her own with the sparkler. I fell in LOVE with the sparkler picture even though it has a lot of imperfections (a bit noisy, blurry, etc.) All in all, I think it kind of adds to the character of it and it has come to be an absolute favorite.

The last picture is of my son at the zoo last week. He was just taking everything in while riding on the train. I just love how pretty his eyes look! :) I am a little biased obviously.







I had so much fun doing this and hope to participate in future "You Capture's!"



Photobucket
To see other great black and white photo's, or to participate yourself, click on the above link! :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to You Capture! I have learned so much by participating weekly. You did a great job. I agree with you on the sparkler one. It definitely has its own mood.

tippytoe foxtrot said...

Welcome, Jeni!! I really love that second photo. You caught her at the perfect moment. Beautiful.

tiarastantrums said...

great capture of the sparkler

Anonymous said...

Your son is glowing...beautiful!

Tasha said...

awesome pic

Unknown said...

Ohhhh I love all these...Especially the sparkler! Xx

Rebecca Jo said...

Love the sparkler picture!!! They are all great!

Prairie Lady said...

Very nicely done.

Kathleen said...

Love that close-up of your baby!! Great job on all of them...welcome to [participating in] You Capture!

Lisa said...

These are awesome!

Unknown said...

great pictures...welcome to the You Capture group. :)

Stefany said...

Great shots! You have a beautiful family.

Welcome to You Capture!

Stillmary said...

You should participate more often because all three of your photos are wonderful!

Jeni B. said...

I stumbled on your blog from Beth's link on her blog and had to leave a comment just because you spell your name just like mine and that is so rare! And also your picture's are beautiful!

Have you met many people that spell their name "Jeni"? I haven't and people forever mispell my name.

Unknown said...

You did a great job! Really wonderful pictures. I love that you can put as many as you want into your post : ). Awesome!

audrey said...

Welcome to You Capture! Great job. :)

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Love the profile!