Thursday, April 29, 2010

My little sicky


This image above is pretty much all I have seen since Tuesday morning. My crazy, never sits still, always on the go, 2 1/2 year old has been debilitated by a nasty virus. He has had a high temp, runny nose, sore throat, all the good stuff! :( It breaks my heart to see him like this. He just whimpers and doesn't know what to do with himself. Unfortunately there is not much mama can do except for love on him, give him chocolate milkshakes, let him watch Alvin and the Chipmunks around the clock, and every six hours give him his ibuprofen. I'm breaking all the rules here, but I don't care. He is sick...he could talk me into anything...even that tattoo on his arm, (which I didn't want on) but gave into anyway! :) Even though I hate seeing him sick, I couldn't be more thankful that this is all that is wrong with him. This is easy...this is cake compared to going through what a family at our church is going through right now. I can't help but think of Patty as she sits by her son Evan's side day and night and watches that awful beast we call Leukemia ravage her 16 year old son. Evan is a fighter. He will get through this just fine...he has a strong, immovable faith. He is wise beyond his years at 16. But Patty, I don't know how she does it. I know her heart just hurts watching her son so sick...so for now, I'll take the virus, I'll take the fever. In a few days, God willing, Connor will be up and running around. He will have his appetite and be that on the go little boy I know so well. I know in time, Evan will too. For now, I just thank God every day for my family's health. It's so something I NEVER want to take for granted.

No comments: